Marketing Your App with User Generated Content
July 30th, 2015
Have you ever wondered seeing so many followers for certain brands on social media? How do they get so many followers on social media? Most of our guess predicts to unique and engaging content by which users get engaged, more than that what users get attracted is the content by user themselves as they have real time experience using the product/service.now let us look how user generated content can drive traffic and improve marketing of your applications.
User Generated Content (UGC) can be defined as any type of content that has been put up by the user with no payment made to contributors. It may include text, images, videos or testimonials and many more.Let us go through an example where user generated content helped in marketing of the brand to a greater extent. One of the great examples is the Starbucks’ White Cup Contest. Customers were asked to doodle on their Starbucks cup and submit pictures on Instagram or Twitter as entries. The winning entry became the template for a limited edition Starbucks cup. In just three weeks, 4,000 customers had submitted entries. The creative contest earned Starbucks a lot of publicity and demonstrated that the company values customer input.
Still not getting a clear picture of how it goes? Here are some statistics which gives you clear insights.
- 76% of social media users think UGC is more trustworthy than branded content.
- 86% of millennials say that UGC is a good indicator of the quality of a brand.
- UGC-based ads get 4x higher click-through rates and a 50% drop in cost-per-click than average.
- Brand engagement increases an average of 28% when users are exposed to a combination of user created product videos and professional content.
- Consumers between the ages of 25-54 create and share 70% of all UGC.
- 93% of consumers find UGC to be helpful when making a purchasing decision.
- 87% of brands use UGC in order to share “authentic content” and 72% believe (correctly) that it helps them engage their audience.
- Sites with featured UGC saw a 20% increase in return visitors and up to a 90% increase on the time spent on the site.
- 70% of consumers trust online peer reviews and recommendations more than professional content and copy.